There is no such thing as an average or normal day, but here’s what
today yesterday looked like (the first day back after a 6 day break):
- 1000-1200 Wiki Gardening – moving some WIP from my head/evernote to team wiki pages
- 1200-1230 Monitoring & Measuring Catchup – a quick check around on the stuff we don’t get alerted about, checkup on some new nodes I added to cacti before I finished up last week.
- 1230-1330 Reading – closing out a bunch of open tabs etc
- 1330-1430 Lunch (the joy of working from home, soup & sandwiches with family:-))
- 1430-1600 Open CM tickets for up coming changes, upgrade Puppet Dashboard, publish some more strategy information on our internal wiki. Work through the dreaded email back log.
- 1600-1700 Baby Dr Appointment
- 1700-1800 Weekly Team conference call (mostly around some major work scheduled for this weekend)
- 1800-2100 Family Time – help the kids tidy up & get them to bed, get something to eat
- 2100-2200 Finish up some puppet work, mostly tidying up & committing some work to git, review steps for some up coming work with Pacific Time colleague
- 2200-2300 TV Break – Michael McIntyre 🙂
- 2300-0030 more follow up with PT colleague, ironed out plan for moving from DAS to NAS for a pilot set of machines, committed plan to wiki for tracking, discussed the general meanness of some of the people we work with.
After the brain searching trying to remember what I did, I’ve re-installed RescueTime..