Somebody else has similar powers to me: Problem: Friend/Collegue/Family member with broken PC Remedy: Walk into the room! http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194486&cid=15938145
- Joel Spolskyhas an excellent set of brief articles on management styles in IT (focused on software developement, but I believe the comments apply across the board for creative technology roles) They are as follows: Introduction – Three Management Methods The Command and Control Management Method The Econ 101 Management Method The Identity Management Method Worth a read if your management or managed. I work with several ex-military people, where we have a mix of C�C and measurement…I’m still mulling over what that means 🙂
- <p> <code><?php<br /> require(‘wp-config.php’);<br /> header(‘Content-type: text/plain’);<br /> ?><br /> <MTEntries lastn="999999”><br /> Redirect Permanent /archives/<$MTArchiveDate format=”%Y/%m"$>/<MTArchiveFile><br /> http://www.mccartney.ie/wordpress/<$MTArchiveDate format=”%Y/%m/%d"$>/<?php echo sanitize_title("<$MTEntryTitle$>"); ?></MTEntries><p align="left"> This generates a file that us suitable for using as a <code>.htaccess</code> file, making Apache redirect requests for the old MT URIs to the new WordPress URIs. For the category links, I’ve just hand crafted the lines, I only had a couple of categories. </p> <p style="font-style: italic;" align="left"> (In writing this post, I’ve discovered some of the problems with quoting PHP in a PHP based system, so I’ve started to read <a href="http://codex.
- On the 15th July I jumped on a place (well, two planes, and jumped is hardly right, as easyJet stung me an extra £40 for being over weight1) and headed to Durham, North Carolina, for a couple of months, work offered me an exciting opertunity, and after some discussions with my wife, we took it, she joined me here a week later. Her work has been good enough to let her take some extended leave so she can spend the time with me out here, she joind me out here a week later.
- Buttons! I have some server based rules & spam training, so I need to drop any spam that hasn’t been caught in a specific folder, so that a it will get picked up by the server as spam and used to train the spam filter, the simplest way I’ve found of doing this in Thunderbird is using Buttons! to have a couple of shortcut folders on my toolbar, not quite as slick as a macro in mutt 🙂 Enigmail
- I was watching CSI last night, the song they opened & closed the show was quite cool and hit my current mood spot on (sound wise, not quite lyric wise..), so I did some googling & discovered that it was a cover of a Tears for Fears song, Mad World, the cover was by Gary Jules, you can hear & see it here.